Servings = 4
Time =40 min
3 cups fresh green beans
4 medium potatoes
1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash
1.5 lb cube steak
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Trim green beans and slice into 2 inch pieces. Steam until fork tender.
2. Preheat oven to 450 F. Wash potatoes. Cut into 1/4-inch thick strips. Toss with a little olive oil. Spread on baking sheet and put in oven.
3. Transfer green beans to a baking dish coated with olive oil. Sprinkle with Mrs. Dash. Cover and cook in microwave for 7 minutes.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Cut cube steak into 4 pieces. Put flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a large zip-lock bag. Add cube steak. Shake to coat. When the skillet is hot, add cube steak and cook for 5 minutes.
6. While cube steak is cooking, give the fries a shake and place back in oven.
7. Flip the cube steaks over. Cook for another 5-8 minutes or until done through.
8. Sprinkle the fries with salt before serving.
Notes: This is a serious comfort food but with the fat trimmed. Make sure not to flip, or even check, the cube steak too soon. To mimic the browning that comes from deep-fat-frying, you need to flip just once and get a good scald on each side. You can cook the beans more or less depending on how soft you like them. If you like beans crispy, don't microwave at all, just mix with Mrs. Dash and serve.