Servings = 4
Time = 1/2 hr
4 c chicken broth
1 lb boneless, skinless turkey breasts
1 small onion
1 large carrot
2 large kale leaves
1/2 bag egg noodles
2 t salt, divided
1/4 t pepper
1/2 t dried thyme
1. Place turkey in a pyrex dish with lid. Microwave for 3 minutes. Flip turkey over and microwave for 3-5 minutes or until done through. Remove to cutting board and cut into bite-sized pieces. It's OK if it's a little bit pink because you'll boil it more in the broth.
2. While turkey is cooking, bring broth to simmer over medium heat.
3. While broth is coming to simmer, dice the onion, peel and slice the carrot into 1/4 inch rounds, de-vein the kale and cut leaves into thin 2 inch strips.
3. Add veggies and turkey to broth. Add 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and thyme. Simmer until carrots are fork tender.
4. While veggies are cooking bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the remaining 1 t salt and the egg noodles. Boil 8 minutes or until aldente.
5. Drain noodles and add to soup. Taste and adjust spices.
Notes - You can add any spices you like to this soup - sage and rosemary are good. Also, use any veggies you like - celery, canned corn, frozen peas, rutabaga, parsnip, etc.